Re: JDBC

От Tim Freund
Тема Re: JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll answer the code question last since you need a working classpath
first... ;-)

I pondered the class path issue for a long time.  I will assume you are
using bash or something similiar, since that's what I know -- make appropriate
substitutions.

To see your current CLASSPATH:
echo $CLASSPATH

To set your classpath:
export CLASSPATH=/javadirectory/jarname.jar:/javadirectory/jar2.jar:

To add your postgres jar onto your current classpath, do this:
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc6.5-1.2.jar

Alternatively, if all of your programs are going to use JDBC, you can
copy jdbc6.5-1.2.jar to /usr/java/jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext -- that will automatically
load the jdbc action on JVM start up.

Let me know if you run into problems....

Tim
--
/* Tim Freund -- tim@technofreund.com */

> Is the following code ok?
Your code was close, but you were missing an org. in front of
postgresql.Driver -- try this:

import java.io.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.sql.*;

public class jdbcTest {
    public static void main(String args[]){
    Connection con = null;
    String url = "jdbc:postgresql:dbname";
    String username = "username";
    String password = "password";

    try{
        Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
        con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

    } catch(SQLException e){
        e.printStackTrace(System.out);
    } catch(ClassNotFoundException e){
        e.printStackTrace(System.out);