Re: [GENERAL] Re: Permissons on database

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Permissons on database
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 03:40:44PM -0500, Roland Roberts wrote:

>     bk> How do I grant permissions on everything in the selected
>     bk> databes?
>
>     bk> GRANT doesnt take as on object database name nor does it
>     bk> accept wild chars....
>
> Attached is some Perl code I wrote long ago to do this.  This
> particular code was done for Keystone, a problem tracking database and
> it would do a "GRANT ALL".  Modify it as needed.  Last I checked it
> worked with both PostgreSQL 6.5.x and 7.0.x

A simple two-line shell script to apply any command to a list of tables:

for i in `psql mydatabase -c '\dt' -P tuples_only | cut -f2 -d ' '`
do psql mydatabase -c "grant all on $i to public"; done

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

These mailing list footers really suck. Please consider removing them.
They reflect poorly on the general level of the pgsql-* lists. Instead
do send a one-time "welcome" message containing all your "tips" when
people subscribe to a list.

Probably a lost cause but the subject mangling [GENERAL], [HACKERS] etc.
(especially that one! a "hacker" should know how to filter his mail)
really sucks too.

Educate, don't stoop. Even Outlook Express has great filtering
capabilities which don't require any subject mangling.

--
slashdot: I miss my free time, Rob.