Re: php & pgsql under OSX

От Eric G. Miller
Тема Re: php & pgsql under OSX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 08:39:37AM +0200, Alexander Lohse wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:36:25AM +0200, Alexander Lohse wrote:
> >>  Hi,
> >>
> >>  I have a small (or big problem here):
> >>
> >>  I want to install php and pgsql under OSX.
> >>
> >>  php4.0.4pl1 alone compiles fine
> >>
> >>  postgres 7.1RC2 also compiles and installs fine
> >>
> >>  NOW, I recompile php --with-pgsql (default path)
> >>
> >>  I get the following error:
> >>
> >>  /usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive:
> >>  /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't
> >>  load from it)
> >>
> >>  I guess that I because I could not add my lib path to
> >>  "Linux:/etc/ld.so.conf" here "OSX: /usr/bin/ld".
> >>
> >>  Anyone here who knows who to do this?
> >
> >Did you try running ranlib on /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am not so firm that I would know how to do this.
>
> How does it work?

$ ranlib /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a

That's it.  It creates/updates an index within the library.  This
should've have been done when the archive was created.  Since OS X is
new, it's architecture isn't caught properly by the typical ./configure
script (which is where the build environment would determine if ranlib
was nessecary as a follow-up to creating the archive).  More than you
probably care about...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>