Re: another stupid question

От Jeff Duffy
Тема Re: another stupid question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 01:43:25 +0200, Alexander Lohse alluded:

>  Am I missing something about "text" columns?
>
>  I seem not to be able to retrieve them (using php) just like varchar
>  or ... ones.

A simple example:

jeff=# CREATE TABLE test(
jeff(# id    INTEGER,
jeff(# stuff TEXT);
CREATE

jeff=# INSERT INTO test VALUES(42, 'Something');
INSERT 64908 1

jeff=# SELECT * FROM test;
 id |    stuff
----+-----------
 42 | Something
(1 row)

I cannot attest for PHP usage:    post to the pgsql-php list for that.

 >  btw. I could not find out how much I can put inside a text field!

 For version 7.1 there is no longet a limit on the length of field of
type 'text'.

Jeff

--
 Jeff Duffy