Re: function to operate on same fields, different records?

От will trillich
Тема Re: function to operate on same fields, different records?
Дата
Re: function to operate on same fields, different records?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 11:52:47AM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> I think you still can have a function that uses field names.  But then
> your field names *have* to be the same.  That's the only difference.

i've tried

    create function gpa(OPAQUE) ....

and psql tells me it successfully

    CREATED

something, but

    \df

shows no such function.

if i do

    create function gpa(classTable) ...

then it probably won't be called via

    select gpa(studentTable) ...

what arg to i specify to allow varying records (with a subset of
exactly-the-same-names field subset) to be passed to a function?

--
does a brain cell think?

will@serensoft.com