Re: [ADMIN] Re: Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Re: Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:10:52PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010328 16:07] wrote:
> > Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> > > FYI, the WU-FTPD code (2.6.0 or better) has a couple of more platforms
> > > including UnixWare.  The UnixWare code will need /dev/kmem permission to
> > > change it's stuff, so I don't know whether we want to do this or not, but
> > > if people are looking at the ps stuff, please look at this as well.
> >
> > Well, *I* sure wouldn't run Postgres with write permission on /dev/kmem.
> > Especially not just to make ps_status work...
>
> Wow... is this all for "pgmonitor"?
>
> sorry, just my opinion...
>
> If it for pgmonitor then you guys ought to just mark it broken on
> these platforms, the non-"ps based" solution could have been
> implemented with all the time wasted trying to get the "ps based"
> hack working. :(
If is still a mind for (IMHO) terrible work with 'ps'... not sure if
it's interesting, but exist cross-platforms library for processes
information loading - the libgtop. Supports:
* All versions of Linux* FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD* BSD/OS* Digital Unix* Solaris* ..and may be others
Sure, it's in C :-)
        Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Alexander Klimov
Сообщение: Re: Ultrix port
От: Pete Forman
Сообщение: Re: Re: pgmonitor and Solaris