DELETE FROM fails

От chris Günther
Тема DELETE FROM fails
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi folks,

I have the problem that I can't delete datasets out of my tables. It's like that:
I have a table:
tblshop
    ID_Shop    oid with sequence
    -------
    Sh_Name
    ID_Country

there is an index on ID_Country

I have a second table:
tblcountry
    ID_Country    oid with sequence
    ----------
    C_Name

I have a reference between these two tables pointing from tblshop.ID_Country to
tblcountry.ID_Country

When I try to delete a row from tblshop I get the error that postgres can't find
the attribute id_shop. My SQL-command looks like follows:

    DELETE FROM tblshop WHERE tblshop."ID_Shop" = 12

the same happens when I try to do:

    DELETE FROM tblshop WHERE tblshop."ID_Country" = 3

I also tried this query without quotes, with simple quotes (') without the leading
tablename and so on, but I always get the error-message:

    ERROR:  Attribute 'id_shop' not found

Please, can anyone help me out? It is really anoying when you can't delete datasets
especially because my application is already online (I use postgres with PHP) and
there are 20 tables with alltogether 120 MB of data in it

    chris

--
| chris                       |