Re: CVS tags for betas and release candidate

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: CVS tags for betas and release candidate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> [010327 05:31] wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> > * The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> [010327 04:53] wrote:

> > > Nope ... doing the tags didn't work as well as was hoped, so we've just
> > > been using date ranges instead ... release itself will be tag'd ...
> >
> > You know you can nuke tags right?
>
> no, this one I didn't know ... how? :)

             If you use `cvs tag -d symbolic_tag...',  the  sym-             bolic  tag  you specify is deleted instead
ofbeing             added.  Warning: Be very  certain  of  your  ground             before  you  delete  a  tag; doing
thiseffectively             discards some  historical  information,  which  may             later turn out to have been
valuable.

Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.