Problem in PostgreSQL - jdbc

От Seema Noor
Тема Problem in PostgreSQL - jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I want to know how to use jdbc for postgresql in red
hat linux 7.0. I have installed red hat linux 7.0
completely and there are four jdbc.jar files of
different version.There are no postgresql.jar and
finder.jar files. I found two different methods for
jdbc interface:

1) Just set the path
   CLASSPATH=$CLASSPAH /usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc6.5.1.2.jar
   and compile the program.

   But when I compiled the program using jdk1.1.2
   there was an exception CLASSNOTFOUND. When this
   exception was caught it gave the error message
   "postgresql/driver"
   How do I set the driver? I used the statements:

   Driver driver = (Driver)Class.forName
   ("postgresql.Driver").newInstance();

   DriverManager.registerDriver(driver);

   String     url = "jdbc:postgresql:jtest";

   Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection
   (url, "postgres", "postgres");

   Statement  stm = con.createStatement();

   Do I have to use "org.postgresql.Driver" instead
   of "postgresql.Driver"?

2)  Change to directory src/interface/jdbc and type:
    % make
    to get postgresql.jar and then set the class path
    to:

export CLASSPATH    =
/usr/local/lib/finder.jar:/usr/local/lib/
postgresql.jar:.java uk.org.retep.finder.Main

    This src/interface/jdbc is not in any of the
    postgresql directories (installed from red hat
    linux 7.0)I therefore downloaded
    postgresql-7.0.2.tar but some classes were missing

    in it.
    If I'll succeed in getting postgresql.jar from
    this method then how will I get finder.jar?

I found in the same mailing list to rename jdbc6.5.1.2
.jar to postgresql.jar and then set the CLASSPATH. But
it also didn't work out.

Can someone please help me?