Re: Re: 7.1 docs

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: Re: 7.1 docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 02:51:33PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> The ref/current_{date,time...}.sgml files are there because (a)
> functions should be documented, and (b) someone documented them. But we
> never documented enough functions to justify setting up an entire
> section of a manual to cover them. I think that these are more likely to
This is one of the reasons why I created the PostgreSQL CookBook
project. The documentatin of PG function is really small, with barely any
examples.It looks like either the PG community does not write/use functions or
very few people are willing to take 5 minutes and contribute an example
for a function. So far (after over a week) the CookBook has 8 recipes
posted.For those wondering, the cookbook project is at
http://www.brasileiro.net/postgres. I plan to post a slew of functions
from the OpenACS project sometime next week.
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club|------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net     http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Web Developer