Re: Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version)

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 11:33:16AM +1030, Steven Vajdic wrote:

> 1. I've been running RedHat6.2 and its pgSQL 6.5xx, PHP3.0 counterparts
You should definitely upgrade to PG 7.1.

> 2. I am thinking about Debian (my preferred option - good/easy for
> "automatic" WEB upgrades) or
> Mandrake or Suse/professional (best ranking in some PC magazines).
> Strange: The rankings (No 1 Mandrake, No 2 Suse) did not test Debian -
> accidentally or deliberately?
Don't know which "ranking" you are referring to. These are good
distributions. Red Hat is also good, but IMHO some things in 7.0 just
shouldn't have shipped the way they were. Supposedly 7.1 will be much
better.Debian is excellent. I've been running for quite some time and am very
happy with it. If you are looking for an easy install of Debian, try
Progeny Debian (www.progeny.com).
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club|------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net     http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Web Developer

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a ... Windows 95 Beta Tester

От: Roberto Mello
Сообщение: Re: Call for platforms (linux 2.4.x ?)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgindent completed