Re: PAM support? (was: Authentication against /etc/passwd?)

От Anthony E . Greene
Тема Re: PAM support? (was: Authentication against /etc/passwd?)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:38:28 Adrian.Jackson@ioshq.com wrote:
>Is there any way to authenticate users against the /etc/passwd (or
>/etc/shadow) file rather than the pg_shadow table? Is there any good
>reason for *not* wanting to do this (other than the general badness of
>sending passwords in plain text across the network, that is...)?

PAM support might be a better option. I looked around the 'Net and around
the Web site and could not find any information indicating whether or not
someone is working on this.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D