Re: elog with automatic file, line, and function

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: elog with automatic file, line, and function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010319 18:58]:
> Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:
> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> >> BTW, how does that work exactly?  I assume it can't be a macro ...
>
> > It's a macro just like __FILE__ and __LINE__ are macros.
>
> > gcc has supported __FUNCTION__ and __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ for a long time
> > (the latter is the demangled version of the function name when using
> > C++).
>
> Now that I know the name, I can find it in the gcc docs, which clearly
> explain that these names are not macros ;-).  The preprocessor would
> have a tough time making such a substitution.
>
> However, if the C99 spec has such a concept, they didn't use that name
> for it ...
My C99 compiler (SCO, UDK FS 7.1.1b), defines the following:
Predefined names

The following identifiers are predefined as object-like macros:

__LINE__   The current line number as a decimal constant.

__FILE__   A string literal representing the name of the file being compiled.

__DATE__   The date of compilation as a string literal in the form ``Mmm dd
yyyy.''

__TIME__   The time of compilation, as a string literal in the form
``hh:mm:ss.''

__STDC__   The constant 1 under compilation mode -Xc, otherwise 0.

__USLC__   A positive integer constant; its definition signifies a USL C
compilation system.

Nothing for function that I can find.

LER

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Stuck spins in current
От: Neal Norwitz
Сообщение: Re: elog with automatic file, line, and function