Re: embedded sql pointer to structure question

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: embedded sql pointer to structure question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:58:06PM +0100, Feite Brekeveld wrote:
>  Exec sql begin declare section;
>    MYREC *pmr = &mr;
>
>  exec sql end declare section;
> I get the message :        ERROR: The variable id is not declared

Yes, this is a known limintation. It's even listed in the TODO file. For
ECPG to be able to understand your variable it has to know the definition of
the struct. Since it is not listed in your declare section it cannot learn
the details and thus won't be able to parse the construct.

Please try:

exec sql begin declare section;
struct {
   int id;
   char value[40];
} *pmr;
exec sql end declare section;

This should work. But be sure to use the latest CVS version as there was a
small bug in this bug. I'm actually committing the fix right now.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De