Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > My question was what are we needing to test?  If we can do only single writes
> > to the log, don't we prefer O_* to fsync, and the O_D* options over
> > plain O_*?  Am I confused?
>
> I don't think we have enough data to conclude that with any certainty.

I just figured we knew the answers to above issues, that that the only
issue was multiple writes vs. fsync().

It is hard for me to imagine O_* being slower than fsync(), or fdatasync
being slower than fsync.  Are we not able to assume that?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Сообщение: Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC