Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Based on the tests we did last week, it seems clear than on many
> platforms it's a win to sync the WAL log by writing it with open()
> option O_SYNC (or O_DSYNC where available) rather than issuing explicit
> fsync() (resp. fdatasync()) calls.  In theory fsync ought to be faster,
> but it seems that too many kernels have inefficient implementations of
> fsync.

Can someone explain why configure/platform-specific flags are allowed to
be added at this stage in the release, but my pgmonitor patch was
rejected?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Сообщение: Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC