Re: Internationalized error messages

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Internationalized error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:15:02PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > elog(ERROR, "cannot open message catalog table");
> >
> >  Sure, and what:
> >
> > elog(ERROR, gettext("can't set LC_MESSAGES"));
> >
> >  We can generate our system catalog for this by simular way as gettext, it's
> > means all messages can be in sources in English too.
>
> When there is an error condition in the backend, the last thing you want
> to do (and are allowed to do) is accessing tables.  Also keep in mind that
> we want to internationalize other parts of the system as well, such as
> pg_dump and psql.
Agree, the pg_xxxx application are good adepts for POSIX locales, all my
previous notes are about backend error/notice messages, but forget it --
after implementation we will more judicious.

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Giles Lean
Сообщение: Re: RE: xlog checkpoint depends on sync() ... seems uns afe
От: Frank Joerdens
Сообщение: Re: TOAST