Re: Internationalized dates (was Internationalized error messages)

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Internationalized dates (was Internationalized error messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 10:58:02PM +0100, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> Now you're talking about i18n, maybe someone could think about input and
> output of dates in local language.
>
> As fas as I can tell, PostgreSQL will only use English for dates, eg January,
> February and weekdays, Monday, Tuesday etc. Not the local name.
May be add special mask to to_char() and use locales for this, but I not
sure. It isn't easy -- arbitrary size of strings, to_char's cache problems
-- more and more difficult is parsing input with locales usage.
The other thing is speed...
A solution is use number based dates without names :-(        Karel

PS. what other SQL engines, support it?

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Lincoln Yeoh
Сообщение: Re: SIGTERM/FATAL error
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: Internationalized error messages