Re: Performance monitor

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Performance monitor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:06:38PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I think Bruce wants per-backend data, and this approach would seem to only
> > get the data for the current backend.
> >
> > Also, I really don't like the proposal to write files to /tmp. If we want a
> > perf tool, then we need to have something like 'top', which will
> > continuously update. With 40 backends, the idea of writing 40 file to /tmp
> > every second seems a little excessive to me.
>
> My idea was to use 'ps' to gather most of the information, and just use
> the internal stats when someone clicked on a backend and wanted more
> information.
Are you sure about 'ps' stuff portability? I don't known how data you
want read from 'ps', but /proc utils are very OS specific and for example
on Linux within a few years was libproc several time overhauled.I spent several years with /proc stuff (processes
manager:

http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim).
    Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,