Re: can't parse "f"

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Re: can't parse "f"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:40:44AM -0800, Skidmore, Walt wrote:
> Does anybody know why I might be getting the following error?

> --------
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
>         at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:393)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:273)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:73)
>         at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:
> 126)
>         at
> medinex.server.entitybean.JOnASMDXProviderBean.ejbCreate(JOnASMDXProviderBea
> n.java:366)
>         at
> medinex.server.entitybean.JOnASMDXProviderHome.create(JOnASMDXProviderHome.j
> ava:147)
>         at
> medinex.server.entitybean.JOnASMDXProviderHome_Skel.dispatch(JOnASMDXProvide
> rHome_Skel.java:71)
>         at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:319)
>         at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:187)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:142)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:139)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:443)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:6
> 43)
> ------------
> I looked in the offending code (which is generated by JOnAS
> <http://www.objectweb.org/jonas>), and it's using the setBoolean method to
> try to set a boolean.  I am using the bool data type in the table.
> According to the documentation, the bool type accepts 'f'.

    Is the field type actually boolean in the table?  It is using pg_atoi,
which would seem to indicate that it is trying to deal with an integer
value...

--
Adam Haberlach            | "Having a smoking section in a restaurant is
adam@newsnipple.com       | like having a peeing section in a swimming pool"