Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster

От Samuel Sieb
Тема Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster
Дата
Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster  (teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød))
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:46:24PM -0800, Nathan Myers wrote:

> On Linux, /usr/src/linux/include is meaningless for anything in userland;
> it's meant only for building the kernel and kernel modules.  That Red Hat
> tends to expose it to user-level builds is a long-standing bug in Red
> Hat's distribution, in violation of the File Hierarchy Standard as well
> as explicit instructions from Linus & crew and from the maintainer of the
> C library.

Red Hat's Fisher Beta has split the 2 includes, which caused an error trying
to compile a (I guess badly configured) kernel module.  The header files in
/usr/include now give an error if you try to build a kernel module that gets
header files from there.

So whether they were wrong in the past or not, they are now doing things the
way you say is proper.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cannot open relation center_out_analog_proc
От: "Martin A. Marques"
Сообщение: Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster