Re: Two way encription in PG???

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: Two way encription in PG???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 10:37:10PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Boulat Khakimov writes:
> >> How do I encrypt/decrypt something in PG?
> >
> > Download 7.1 and use the contrib/pgcrypto module.
> >
> I looked at the pgcrypto README file and it seems that it only makes
> one-way hashes. None of the functions had a key argument of any kind.
> The encode/decode functions are for bin/ascii encoding/deconding, not
> cryptographic. Any more info about this?

Yeah, I have.  I have source too...  I try to make Real Soon a
beta release, coz I have now mostly stable internal interfaces
worked out.  Real stable encrypting will still take some time,
coz I have found amazing amount of bugs, needed workarounds and
simply weirdnesses in different crypto libraries.  Only way to
make sure that a cipher produces right results is to test with
official test vectors.  Fun, fun...

--
marko