Re: Backing up with Postgres

От GH
Тема Re: Backing up with Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 05:15:15PM +0000, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Dear Postgres Users,

*snip*

>What puzzles me, because Im not really that good at SQL yet is; what is
> an oid?

An oid is basically a (mostly) globally unique identifier tagged on
to every row in every table -- and on to large objects (etc.).

These are usually unique across an entire server installation, but
the counter will eventually wrap around (which is not a big problem).

Cheers,
dan

Yes, I know that this is not a solution to your problem, but that I
cannot provide as I am unfamiliar with triggers.