Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- a clue?

От will trillich
Тема Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- a clue?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick wrote:

> will trillich wrote:
>   ><moron>
>   >i munged my sources.list to point to fundet.no for the latest
>   >potato-friendly postgresql DEB package, and upgraded via apt-get
>   >update && apt-get upgrade.
>   ></moron>
>   >
>   ><moron level=2>
>   >it broke my databases, so i tried apt-get --purge remove
>   >postgresql<various7.0.3potato*> while hanging on to the
>   >/var/lib/postgres/data area. then i used dpkg -i *p*sql*6.5.3*deb
>   >to try to recover, and there's more broken stuff than ever.
>   ></moron>
>
> "Broke" is a bit non-specific!

aha. i found /var/lib/postgresql/data/automatic_update.log
containing, among other things:

[snip]
You are now connected to database template1 as user will.
CREATE DATABASE
You are now connected to database puz as user will.
You are now connected as new user will.
CREATE
 nextval
---------
    1020
(1 row)

CREATE
ERROR:  Attribute 'since' is of type 'date' but default expression is of type 'text'
    You will need to rewrite or cast the expression
CREATE
ERROR:  Attribute 'day' is of type 'date' but default expression is of type 'text'
    You will need to rewrite or cast the expression
ERROR:  Attribute 'day' is of type 'date' but default expression is of type 'text'
    You will need to rewrite or cast the expression
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
You are now connected as new user postgres.
ERROR:  stat failed on file '/usr/lib/postgresql/lib/plpgsql.so': No such file or directory
ERROR:  PL handler function plpgsql_call_handler() doesn't exist
You are now connected as new user will.
CREATE
ERROR:  Relation 'puzct' does not exist
CREATE
You are now connected as new user will.
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
ERROR:  DefineIndex: relation "range" not found
CREATE
ERROR:  DefineIndex: relation "pay" not found
ERROR:  Relation 'pay' does not exist
ERROR:  Relation 'range' does not exist
ERROR:  Relation 'puzct' does not exist
CREATE 19756 1
CREATE 19757 1
CREATE 19758 1
CREATE 19759 1
[snip]

so apparently the required 'plpgsql.so' wasn't installed with the
apt-get install postgre* (pointing to 7.0.3potato at
www.fundet.no) ?

is this recoverable?

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com