Lock structures

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Lock structures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Can someone explain why LockMethodCtl is in shared memory while
LockMethodTable is in postmaster memory context?

I realize LockMethodCtl has a spinlock, so it has to be in shared
memory, but couldn't it all be put in shared memory?

Also, the code:

LockShmemSize(int maxBackends)
{   int         size = 0;
   size += MAXALIGN(sizeof(PROC_HDR)); /* ProcGlobal */   size += MAXALIGN(maxBackends * sizeof(PROC));       /* each
MyProc*/  size += MAXALIGN(maxBackends * sizeof(LOCKMETHODCTL));      /* each
                    * lockMethodTable->ctl */

Is there one LOCKMETHODCTL for every backend?  I thought there was only
one of them.

Pennsylvania19026