Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!

От newsreader@mediaone.net
Тема Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you.  Look what I get..
------------------
$ pg_ctl start -o "-F -S 2048"
postmaster successfully started up.
$ usage: /home/newsreader/pgsql/bin/postmaster [options]
    -B nbufs        set number of shared buffers
    -D datadir      set data directory
    -S              silent mode (disassociate from tty)
    -a system       use this authentication system
    -b backend      use a specific backend server executable
    -d [1-5]        set debugging level
    -i              listen on TCP/IP sockets as well as Unix domain socket
    -N nprocs       set max number of backends (1..1024, default 32)
    -n              don't reinitialize shared memory after abnormal exit
    -o option       pass 'option' to each backend servers
    -p port specify port for postmaster to listen on
    -s              send SIGSTOP to all backend servers if one dies

I've found that
    pg_ctl -o "-o -F -S 2048" start
works as well as
    pg_ctl start -o "-o -F -S 2048"

------
If you read man page of pg_ctl you will see that
it is telling you wrong