Re: Re: postmaster question

От Lonnie Cumberland
Тема Re: Re: postmaster question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Mitch,

I have been trying to do just that and hove found that by going to my init.d
directory and starting up the "postgresql" service helps.

Now the problem seems to be that even though I have just used "pg_passwd" to
add me as a user, I am now getting an error message back saying that:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user 'lonnie' is not in 'pg_shadow'

createdb: database creation failed on testpg.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong with this stuff?

I am very new to using it and still do not have feel for the way that things
are done.

I just want to do a simple test on this system by adding a user, create a
database, and start up "psql" with it.

Cheers,
Lonnie