Re: Performance lossage in checkpoint dumping

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Performance lossage in checkpoint dumping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> But I'm not going to touch it for 7.1...
>
> > No way to group the writes to you can keep the most recent one open?
>
> Don't see an easy way, do you?

No, but I haven't looked at it.  I am now much more concerned with the
delay, and am wondering if I should start thinking about trying my idea
of looking for near-committers and post the patch to the list to see if
anyone likes it for 7.1 final.  Vadim will not be back in enough time to
write any new code in this area, I am afraid.

We could look to fix this in 7.1.1.  Let's see what the pgbench tester
comes back with when he sets the delay to zero.

Pennsylvania19026