Re: Can you help a newbie?

От Richard Poole
Тема Re: Can you help a newbie?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:53:13AM -0600, Jamie Bumsted wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am new to pgsql, I have inherited a database with no documentation, i.e.
> nobody knows the passwords for any of the database accounts.  Anybody have
> any ideas on how to change the passwords without first knowing the
> passwords?

You can edit your pg_hba.conf to allow local access with no passwords
(add a line like "local all trust" above other non-comment lines) and
then connect to the database as the database superuser (usually
"postgres") and use "alter user" to change the passwords to whatever
you like. Don't forget to change pg_hba.conf back afterwards.

Richard