Re: [SQL] Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [SQL] Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brice -
What's the result of

select monographid,length(monographid) from tblpemdruglink where
monographid ~ '^2008';

It occurs to me that your delimited text file may have padded values,
and "=" insists on exact matches for VARCHAR.

update tblpemdruglink set monographid=btrim(monographid);

might help, if the first query returns anything but 4.

Ross

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 05:22:59PM -0600, Brice Ruth wrote:
> Here's something to chew on ...
>
> The following snippet of SQL produces a result:

<SNIP>