Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 beta3 on Windows 2k

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 beta3 on Windows 2k
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Juan,

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:41:55PM +0100, JJAR wrote:
>     Maybe it a was a failure on my side not beginnig a new thread for this
> question, but I felt spawning a new thread was not the right thing.
>     I still have this problem.
>     I have tried to compile again from scratch and trying "make check" before
> installing.
>     This is the output:
>
> ============== running regression test queries        ==============
> parallel group (13 tests):  boolean char name text varchar int2 oid int4
> int8 float4 float8 bit numeric
> parallel group (18 tests):  point lseg box path polygon circle date time
> inet oi djoins timestamp
>
> I come to this point and nothing happens. The CPU doesn't work at all ( only
> 5% CPU power consumption ) and the hard disk is quiet so the process is
> dead.
>
> If you ( or anyone ) have any ideas about this tell me please.
> Thank you in advance.

Please see item #2 in the following:

    http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/2001-01/msg00066.html

Does any of that description match your environment and observations?
If so, then upgrade your machine (i.e., physical memory and swap space).

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235