Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 11:15:45AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Frank Joerdens <frank@joerdens.de> writes:
> > Now I get:
>
> >      select_distinct_on   ... FAILED
> >      select_implicit      ... FAILED
> >      random               ... failed (ignored)
> >      portals              ... FAILED
> > test misc                 ... FAILED
>
> Reporting a regression failure this way is pretty unhelpful.

Sorry. My thinking was that the bottom line here is the very
non-reproducability of particular results. No two regression test
failures where identical of the couple dozen or so I conducted, and
hence it wouldn't make all that much sense to analyze any single test
all by itself.

As I wrote earlier, I don't have neither physical nor root access to
this box. Moreover, the sysadmin tells me that he didn't install the OS
himself, a friend of his did, because he himself was on holiday. There
may well be something very fishy about the OSs configuration, but I
wouldn't have the first notion as to where to start looking. It
_appears_ that setting DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR somewhere else besides /tmp
has some positive effect, but that ain't conclusive.

> What are
> the actual diffs (regression.diffs)? What shows up in the postmaster
> log (logs/postmaster.log)?

Those results were overwritten by the last 10 tests that didn't show any
errors, so I can't retrieve them, now.

Regards, Frank