Re: Open 7.1 items

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Open 7.1 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here are my open 7.1 items.  Thanks for shrinking the list so far.

> FreeBSD locale bug
> Reorder INSERT firing in rules
   I  don't  recall  why this is wanted. AFAIK there's no reason   NOT to do so, except for the actual state of beeing
far too   close to a release candidate.

> Philip Warner UPDATE crash
> JDBC LargeObject short read return value missing
> SELECT cash_out(1) crashes all backends
> LAZY VACUUM
> FOREIGN KEY INSERT & UPDATE/DELETE in transaction "change violation"
   A well known issue, and I've asked multiple times how exactly   we want to define the behaviour for deferred
constraints. Do   foreign keys reference just to a key value and are happy with   it's existance, or do they refer to a
particularrow?

   Consider you have a deferred "ON DELETE  CASCADE"  constraint   and  do  a  DELETE, INSERT of a PK. Do the FK rows
needto be   deleted or not?

   Consider you have a deferred "ON  DELETE  RESTRICT"  and  "ON   UPDATE  CASCADE" constraint. If you DELETE PK1 and
UPDATEPK2   to PK1, the FK2 rows need to follow, but does PK2 inherit all   FK1 rows now so it's the master of both
groups?
   These  are  only two possible combinations. There are many to   think of.  As said, I've asked before, but noone
voted yet.   Move  the item to 7.2 anyway, because changing this behaviour   would require massive changes in the
triggerqueue *and*  the   generic  RI triggers, which cannot be tested enough any more.

Jan