Re: Re: PostgreSQL documentation license

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: Re: PostgreSQL documentation license
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 08:48:56AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The PostgreSQL documentation has a BSD copyright, meaning you can do
> anything with it, including sell it.

Although, if you're not going to sell it, it'd be nice to submit the
translated docs back to the project. I don't think we currently have
a mechanism for maintaining docs in multiple languages (there's one
FAQ in Chinese, I think). But that shouldn't stop you from submitting
them: we'd invent a mechanism, perhaps. ;-)

Ross

> > Hi,
> >
> > Please could you tell me what is the PostgreSQL documentation's license ?
> >
> > I'll have to write a course on PostgreSQL (in french only) and I want to
> > know if I could just translate PostgreSQL reference cards for each
> > SQL command, e.g. I'm particularly interested in translating the synopsis
> > and some of the description of each SQL command manpage, and then
> > incorporating them in my own work's appendices.
> >
> > Do you allow me to do that ?

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer