Re: postgresql.conf and postgres options

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: postgresql.conf and postgres options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I have added all possible config options to postgresql.conf.sample.
>
> It was actually fully intentional that there was *no* list of all possible
> config options in the sample file, because
>
> 1) Who's going to maintain this?
>
> 2) People should read the documentation before messing with options.
>
> (" is not the correct string delimiter either.)

Changed to ''.  Thanks.

> I have bad experiences with sample config files.  The first thing I
> usually do is delete them and dig up the documentation.
>
> Do other people have comments on this issue?

I have marked all places where these defaults are set in the C code,
pointing them to update postgresql.conf.sample.

I found it is nice to see a nice list of all options for quick review.
It makes the file much more useful, I think.

Pennsylvania19026