Re: MySQL has transactions

От Zak McGregor
Тема Re: MySQL has transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:18:56 -0300
"Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar> wrote:

> El Mié 24 Ene 2001 08:06, Zak McGregor escribió:
> >
> > Other irritations I've found with MySQL are (briefly):
> > - no subselects (makes for ugly hacks in code)
> > - no views
> > - no foreign keys
>
> Didn't know they didn't have foreign keys. :-(

Not only that - this is what the MySQL site used to say about foreign
keys:

The FOREIGN KEY syntax in MySQL exists only for compatibility with other
SQL vendors CREATE TABLE commands: It doesn't do anything.
Foreign keys is something that makes life very complicated, because the
foreign key definition must be stored in some database and
then the hole [sic] 'nice approach' by using only files that can be moved,
copied and removed will be destroyed. In the near future we will extend
FOREIGN KEYS so that the at least the information will be saved and may be
retrieved by mysqldump and ODBC.

Ciao