Re: [GENERAL] MySQL -> Postgres dump converter

От Max Rudensky
Тема Re: [GENERAL] MySQL -> Postgres dump converter
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:35:49 -0500 (EST)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> We used someone elses.  Here is a copy. Please submit any patches
> against this version.

Sucks found:
- doesn't handle mediumint, converts it to mediuminteger.
The same for bigint, and probably shorting & tinyint as well.
I don't know whether 7.1 release has such type but even if yes
more preferrable to keep compatibility with old releases (7.0.x doesn't have, right ?)
- it doesn't handle mysql UNIQUE (that is keyword for unique index) inside CREATE TABLE block
- better to create indices after data load (it does before)
- doesn't handle UNSIGNED keyword (should a least skip it, or, at user option, convert to CHECK(field>=0))
- doesn't convert AUTO_INCREMENT in right way, at least in my production database.

I don't see conversion of MySQL's SET and ENUM types.

Well, before do any improvements on mysql2pgsql, I want to inform you that my
converter has all features described above. Maybe it's easier to modify it to fit your requirements ?
At least take a look at it.
I don't like to do the same work twice, and this one promises to be exactly so.

Sending you my MySQL db dump which I used to play with it.

Max Rudensky.

Вложения