Re: FW: Postgresql on win32

От Fred Yankowski
Тема Re: FW: Postgresql on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 10:19:00PM +0000, Peter Mount wrote:
> While on this subject, does anyone have a version of cygipc that works with
> the current version of CygWin? What's on postgresql.org doesn't work, and
> the link on the site was broken.

The latest cygipc distribution (source and binary) seems to be at
<http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/index.html>.
Version 1.08 works fine for me, with the HEAD version of PostgreSQL
and DLL version 1.1.7 of cygwin.

I've been messing with ipc-daemon so that it can run as an NT service
all by itself, with no funky wrappers like 'invoker' or 'srvany'.
It's working pretty well, and even knows how to install and remove
itself as a service.  I'd be happy to make the patch available if
anyone is interested in shaking it down.  I plan to submit it to the
guy who's currently maintaining cygipc.

And then I'd like to get postmaster itself also running as an NT
service, able to shut down cleanly when the service is stopped.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370