Re: postgres memory management

От J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Тема Re: postgres memory management
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 13:18:54 +0100, Alexander Jerusalem wrote:
> During that process postgresql continues to take up more and more memory
> and seemingly never returns it to the system. Oddly if I watch the
> postmaster and it's sub processes in ktop, I can't see which process takes
> up this memory. ktop shows that the postgresql related processes have a
> constant memory usage but the overall memory usage always increases as
> long as I continue to send insert statements.
>
> When the database connection is closed, no memory is reclaimed, the
> overall memory usage stays the same. And when I close down all postgresql
> processes including postmaster, it's the same.

Linux uses memory that wouldn't otherwise be used as buffer/cache space
(watch the "cached" entry in "top"). This is nothing to worry about.

HTH,
Ray
--
USDoJ/Judge Jackson: "Microsoft has performed an illegal operation and will
be shut down."

Сообщение: Re: postgres memory management
Сообщение: Re: postgres memory management