Re: PostgreSQL 7.0.2 with thai locale.

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.0.2 with thai locale.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[Cc:ed to hackers list]

From: Maneerat Sappaso <sc404885@bucc3.buu.ac.th>
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.0.2 with thai locale.
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:42:44 -0700 (GMT)

>      Dear sir,
>
>     I'm a 4 years student in Burapha University,Thailand
>     I develop postgreSQL version 7.0.2 to work with thai locale because
>     my project relate with sorting thai language in database of
>     postgreSQl and I install PostgreSQL follow by README file.
>     for configuration
>         ./configure --enable-locale
>         ./configure --enable -multibyte

Current multi-byte implementaion does not support TIS620.
However you could enable locale support. So you just type:
./configure --enable-locale

>         [which encoding_syatem for thai language]
>     and then compile and install it.I add locale variables in
>     /etc/profile like this
>         LC_ALL=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>         LC_COLLATE=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>         LC_CTYPE=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>         LC_MONETARY=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>         LC_NUMERIC=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>         LC_TIME=th_TH.TIS-620.2533
>      when I test locale it doesn't work.Would you mild if I ask for
>     the fight way to install PostgreSQL to work with thai locale.

If it's not still working, you have to make sure that your OS's locale
data for TIS620 is correct, since PostgreSQL's locale support depends
on OS's locale functionality. For example, writing a small C program
using strcoll() or whatever...
--
Tatsuo Ishii