Re: Re: Loading optimization

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Re: Loading optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [010111 13:12] wrote:
> Added to TODO (part of this is reorganization of cluster items):
>
> * CLUSTER
>         * cluster all tables at once
>         * prent lose of constraints, indexes, permissions, inheritance
>         * Automatically keep clustering on a table
>         * Keep statistics about clustering, perhaps during VACUUM ANALYZE
>           [optimizer]

Are there any plans (or maybe it's already done?) for a fsck-like
utility for postgresql that will automagically drop all indecies,
scan the table for bad data and then recreate the index, prefereably
with only an exclusive lock on the database being manipulated(*)?

(*) to avoid having to start up the postmaster with weird options
and/or stop activity on other databases under the postmaster's
control.

thanks,