Re: ReadOnly

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: ReadOnly
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 02:19:08PM -0500, Tony Simopoulos wrote:
> well, after no help, i managed to fix my own problem.
>
> i am extremely bitter about this whole experience, i have half a mind not to share my solution.

Gee, Tony, you posted the original message less than two days ago. During
the first couple weeks of the year, when a lot of people are on vacation.
And you got one reply when you reposted the message (less than a day
later!)

I understand your frustration, since it appears you spent considerable
time working on this, and found a seemingly trivial underlying cause. But
still, what kind of service are you expecting?

In your perusal of the archives, where you found the earlier discussion of
the problem, did you read the threads there, concerning ODBC development?

If you had, you would have found that the ODBC code has a long history
of a lot of users, and not many developers. None of the core developers
us it on a daily basis, for example. As with any other chunk of code in
as complex a project as PostgreSQL, the lack of developers leads to a
form of bitrot, not limited to existing bugs not being fixed.

Recently, (less than a month ago) several people have begun supporting
the Win32 version of the driver, with some fixes going in to support new
features of pgsql 7.0. Seems we could use someone using the unix client
on a daily basis, who's hand with patch and diff. Are you interested?

Ross