Re: patch: contrib/pgcrypto sanity

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: patch: contrib/pgcrypto sanity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 10:03:25AM +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
> Marko Kreen writes:
>  > On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 04:06:09AM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
>  > > Well, actually they do.  glibc in <stdint.h> and NetBSD in
>  > > <sys/inttypes.h> which is a mess, all rigth.  Problem is that
>  > > postgres.h does not know about this.  I guess that C99 forgot to
>  > > specify _where_ they should be defined.
>  >
>  > Correction, they both have <inttypes.h> which probably is the right
>  > location for this.
>
> <stdint.h> is adequate to pick up uint*_t.  <inttypes.h> is defined to
> include <stdint.h>.  Of course all this C99 stuff is new and existing
> implementations may have the typedefs in different files or not have
> them at all.

But as I said, NetBSD does not have it.  So what is the
correct/portable/standard location for it?  Can anyone with C99
standard in hand find that out?

E.g. Tom Lane has some OS where these types are in
std{io|lib|def|arg} but on NetBSD and glibc/Linux you must include
separate header file for them.

--
marko