Re: bootstrap tables

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: bootstrap tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:25:38PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> Still, it sure looks like 'create bootstrap' should cause mdcreate()
> to be called, so I'm not sure why you'd see the file not get created
> at all.  Have you tried tracing through it with a debugger?
>
> Do you really need the thing to be a bootstrap table, and not a plain
> system table?

Yup, 'cause it's going to store the schema info, including the system
schema. I forsee it needing to be accessed immediately during bootstrap.

I was fighting with the debugger last night, and decided "I should ask,
just to be sure I'm not missing something obvious..." I'll keep on
that way, then.

Ross

Сообщение: Re: Isn't init_irels() dangerous ?
Сообщение: Re: Isn't init_irels() dangerous ?