Re: Postgres ignoring RTree for geometric operators

От Ralf Mattes
Тема Re: Postgres ignoring RTree for geometric operators
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 05:42:34PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
[..]
> Var on the left is the required normal form for indexscan restriction
> clauses.  Postgres should be able to figure out that it can flip your
> clause as given into that form ... but for some reason, && is not marked
> as commutative in the 7.0 system catalogs, so it won't do it for you.
>
> I have fixed that for 7.1.  If you really want to write the var on the
> right side right now, you could patch your system catalogs for yourself:
>
>     UPDATE pg_operator SET oprcom = oid WHERE oprname = '&&'

Still, the remarkl about running 'vacuum' after the creation
of an index seems valid. I was bitten by this just last week--
somehow it seems counterintuitive to have to vacuum a table only
to tell the system that an index exists. This should be the job
of 'create index' or am i wrong?

 Ralf Mattes

Сообщение: Re: Rather incorrect text in admin guide
Сообщение: Re: Rather incorrect text in admin guide