Arrays

От Albert REINER
Тема Arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Saluton,

I somehow get the impressions that support for arrays is not a high
priority with PostgreSQL, even though I think it would be very
handy. On the other hand, the system itself uses arrays e.g. for user
groups, so I guess there should be readily available
functions/operators for dealing with that, but I cannot seem to be
able to find them.

Is there a simple way of checking whether e.g. a given int4 is in a
given int4-array?

Is there a way to "thread" a command over an array? By this I mean:
Given an array {1, 2, 3} and a table t like
  id   |  name
--------|--------  1    |  joe  2    |  fred  3    |  mark

, a call to select thread('||', t, {1,2,3}) should produce
'joefredmark'.

Thanks in advance,

Albert.

Albert Reiner                                   <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>
Deutsch       *       English       *       Esperanto       *       Latine

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: