how to get trigger start function not procedure

От chris Günther
Тема how to get trigger start function not procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi folks,

my name is chris and I'm pretty new to pSQL.
I used to work with MS SQL Server 6.5 and have
some problems adjusting myself with pSQL.

Now my question. As mentioned in the subject I
want a trigger to fire an sql-function - not a
c procedure - although this would be much cooler.
I'm trying to get something to work I always did
with MS SQL. When a dataset is inserted in a
table I want a trigger to be fired to set the
creation-date and -time plus the user and a trigger
setting the update-date -time and user.

Does anyone has any idea of how to do this with pSQL???

In MS SQL server i just created a trigger with the
necessary SQL-commands inside the trigger but in pSQL
it seems that trigger just start procdures.

    thanks in advance

        chris