Re: Alpha tas() patch

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: Alpha tas() patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28 Dec 2000 at 17:40 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Okay ... I guess the LOCK_LONG macros are our best shot.  Here is a
| proposed new Alpha section for s_lock.h.  Would you try it and let me
| know how it works for you?
|
| Note that this will NOT fix the CreateCheckPoint shutdown error; don't
| worry about that.  The thing to look at is whether the parallel regress
| tests pass.

after fresh CVS update: geometry, float8, and oid are still failing, and I
now am seeing the CheckPoint shutdown bug, which leaves the db in an unusable
state after running the regression tests.

mnemosyne:~/src/gcc-pgsql
pgadmin$ pg_ctl start
postmaster successfully started up
mnemosyne:~/src/gcc-pgsql
pgadmin$ DEBUG:  starting up
DEBUG:  database system was interrupted at 2000-12-28 21:28:39
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 1563064)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 1563064); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 615; NextOid: 18720
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress...
DEBUG:  redo starts at (0, 1563128)
mnemosyne:~/src/gcc-pgsql
pgadmin$ Startup failed - abort