Re: Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha)

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 Dec 2000 at 23:41 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| > | Please apply it locally and let me know what you find.
|
| > what I'm seeing now is much the same.
|
| Drat.  More to do, then.

after hours in the gdb-hole, I see this... maybe a clue? :)

src/include/access/common/heaptuple.c:

450     {
451
452       /*
453        * Fix me when going to a machine with more than a four-byte
454        * word!
455        */
456       off = att_align(off, att[j]->attlen, att[j]->attalign);
457
458       att[j]->attcacheoff = off;
459
460       off = att_addlength(off, att[j]->attlen, tp + off);
461     }

I'm pretty sure I don't know best how to fix this, but I've got some
randomly entered code compiling now :)  If it passes the regression
tests I'll send it along.

  brent 'glad the coffee shop in the backyard is open now :)'