Re: Off topic? - Solution for a delimiter problem

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: Off topic? - Solution for a delimiter problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If space was used as the delimiter without accounting
for the quotation marks, text fields might be broken
apart whenever a space occurred.  For example, the
street address "123 Sesame Street" might be split into
3 fields containing '"123', 'Sesame' and 'Street"'
respectively.  In the past, I imported the file into
MySQL, then exported the data into a tab delimited
text file for importing into PostgreSQL.

The Python script saves many steps; so I was offering
it up for use and improvement by others.  I didn't
know if I should post the script to the mailing list
or send it directly to people who are interested.
(It's only 1k.)

Andrew Gould